Thursday 15 October 2015

Books in the wild

There are two things you can be sure of when you venture into the world of book blogging.

1. Your to be read pile will grow faster than you can ever possibly hope to read it.  
2. You will look at your bookshelf solemnly, because it will never be as gorgeous as some of the epic shelves on display on the likes of Instagram and Twitter.

I'm off to a bad start on the bookshelf front as it is. My hard copies tend to get dog-eared, broken spined and just generally battered in ways I don't fully understand. They've fallen into lakes, been used to kill spiders, propped up overheating laptops, got covered in sticky fingerprints and on one occasion been thrown out a moving car to get my attention. (Hmmm, actually, maybe I do understand how many of my books got in such a sorry state!) In short, they're well loved, but they're not pretty.

Since I have neither the patience nor the inclination to keep my shelves in any sort of order and none of my books are pristine anyway, I've taken a different tack when its to photographing bookish things; Books in the wild. I'm incredibly lucky where I live. Right next to the city for work, but minutes away from the coast, moors and some epic scenery, and because I'm an outdoorsy kind of girl, I'm usually out there when it's not raining sideways.


So whenever's practical, my books come with me. I'm not much of a photographer (although I'm finally going on some photography training through work so who hopefully I'll get better), but still, I click away quite happily. Although I didn't pick the best time to start making an effort with this feature just as summer ends, this is my new thing, so keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram for my strolls and snaps!




No comments:

Post a Comment