Tuesday, 1 September 2015
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Awards
I've been nominated by the wonderful Carrie at The Book Goddess in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, celebrating all the ladies who blog. Thanks Carrie!
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
1. Which is your favorite place to read?
Probably the park by my office on a sunny day. It's so beautiful and relaxing, even if you do get interrupted by dogs bounding over to say hello every now and then!
2. What type of characters are you more inclined to like?
I'm a big fan of strong resilient female characters, especially those with a line in sarcastic quips. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is up there among my favourites!
3. If you wrote a novel what would it be called?
Pass. I'd be super careful not to make it a mish mash of other (more successful!) YA novel titles though. Crown, Throne, Iron, Sword etc. These would be words I'd try to avoid! I see so many mash ups of the same title I have disregarded books based on titles alone for than sin.
4. Which novel/book series would you like to be adapted to graphic novel(s)?
The Girl Who Would Be King by Kelly Thompson. I'd say The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor too, but I prefer being able to use my imagination to picture all these weird and wonderful creatures and worlds, so I don't think I'd want that tainted.
5. Do you prefer e-books or printed books?
I love printed books, but I spend a fair amount of time travelling, so my kindle is an absolute godsend! I love the fact that I can have a whole library in my bag. But then again I love beautiful books. Oh, I can't decide! Can I have both?
6. Which book would you like to see as a movie?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. But only if it's done right! Or The Girl Who Would Be King.
7. Who is your favorite author(s)?
Probably Laini Taylor or Stephen King.
8. Vampires or werewolves or both or neither?
Werewolves. I feel like I've been a bit overloaded with vampires in pop culture recently.
9. How many books, both printed and e-books, do you own in total?
I'd have to guess, but probably about 200? And 50? Ish?
10. Do you love a book that everyone else hates?
Not really. There are some books I hate that everyone else seems to love though!
Here are my questions
1. If you could be stuck in a lift with one book character, who would it be?
2. What’s your favourite quote from a book?
3. Which upcoming book are you most looking forward to?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?
5. Who is you favourite Disney princess (let’s ignore the anti-feminist argument here!)?
6. Which three book characters would you have over for dinner?
7. Are there any books that you hate which everyone else seems to love?
8. Which book would you most like to see made into a (good!) movie?
9. If you could be any book character for a day, who would it be?
10. If you could live in any book world, which one would it be?
Ardis @ Pondering the Prose
Donita @ My Random Book Thoughts
Sinead @ Less Reality, More Books
Maria @ Teen YA Nerd
Jessica @ A Great Read
Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes
Jen @ My So-Called Book Reviews
Sofia @ Bookish Wandress
Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed
Walker @ A Shropshire Girl Reviews