Wednesday 9 December 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #3 - Siren's Song














Yay! I've finally made it to another Waiting on Wednesday! The universe seems to conspire against me whenever I try to take part in this, but this week marks two on the go. Success! A big thank you to Jill at Breaking The Spine for hosting this weekly feature.

My Waiting on Wednesday this week is Siren's Song by Mary Weber. It's also Siren's Fury. That book came out this year but I absolutely refuse to read it until the finale of the trilogy is out. The ending of Storm Siren nearly tore my heart out, and I won't put myself through that again until I have the next book to dive into. In April 2016.
I've already glimpsed sort of spoilers in the book blurbs for three having not read two, so I'm not looking at them any more. If anyone tries to talk to me about them I shall close my eyes and put my fingers in my ears!



So here's book one - Storm Siren;

As a slave in the war-weary kingdom of Faelen, seventeen-year-old Nym isn’t merely devoid of rights, her Elemental kind are only born male and always killed at birth - meaning she shouldn’t even exist.

Standing on the auction block beneath smoke-drenched mountains, Nym faces her fifteenth sell. But when her hood is removed and her storm-summoning killing curse revealed, Nym is snatched up by a court advisor and given a choice: be trained as the weapon Faelen needs to win the war, or be killed. Choosing the former, Nym is unleashed into a world of politics, bizarre parties, and rumors of an evil more sinister than she’s being prepared to fight . . . not to mention the handsome trainer whose dark secrets lie behind a mysterious ability to calm every lightning strike she summons.

But what if she doesn’t want to be the weapon they’ve all been waiting for? Set in a beautifully eclectic world of suspicion, super abilities, and monsters, Storm Siren is a story of power. And whoever controls that power will win.


I'd been kind of ignoring this series until the finale was out, but now I've got myself all worked up for it again. Dammit! Still, only 126 days to go ... Quick, someone give me some book recommendations to take my mind off it! What's on your Waiting on Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Great pick! I haven't heard of this series yet, but it sounds good. I really like the covers a lot. I usually like to wait and read some series all in one binge, especially if each book leaves with a big cliffhanger. I hope you enjoy the second and third book when they come out!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the biggest cliffhanger! I like a hook, but sometimes I literally have to put the series down!

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! I've seen this series around but have yet to read it or look into it. Hope you enjoy it once you start it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Now I've started going on about it again I kind of want to pick up the second book now, but I'm not putting myself through that again. I will read no more until the whole series is out!

      Delete