I've been nominated by the lovely Ardis over at Pondering The Prose for the bloggers Sunshine Award.
“The whole idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative, and inspiring.”
– Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
1. What kind of posts do you like to make on your blog (reviews. opinions, features)?
I've only been live with my blog for a month and so far it's been mostly reviews and features, but I really want to get some more opinions up. I've got loads of ideas, but just haven't got around to them yet!
2. What are the ways you promote your blog?My reviews always go on Goodreads and Amazon with links back to my blog and I'm hoping to get on some blog tours when I'm a bit more established.
3. Why did you start a book blog?I've always been a big reader, but none of my friends are into books, especially the YA/fantasy/chick-lit books I go for. I've always wanted to set up a blog, so I finally decided to do it!
4. How long have you been blogging?Just over a month. I'm still a blogging newbie!
5. Are you on other social media (Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook)?I'm on Twitter and Bloglovin'. I've set up Tumblr and Facebook accounts but haven't done anything with them yet. There are so many social sites to join up to!
6. What is your favorite genre?My favourite is fantasy or dystopian YA, but I love chick-lit too. And thrillers. I'll read pretty much anything!
7. What is the last book you've read that made you cry?Lorali by Laura Dockrill and Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor.
8. How many books do you read per week?Not as many as I'd like! I probably manage one or two as I work full time.
9. Have you met any authors at book signings, conventions, or just randomly?Not one. I feel deprived!
10. Which author would you love to meet and what would you say to them?Probably Laini Taylor, To ask where on earth she gets her ideas!
11. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?Australia. I've been to New Zealand but really wish I'd visited Australia while I was "in the area".
Here are my questions:
1. If you could have three people, real or fictional, over for dinner, who would they be?
2. Where is one place you'd love to go but have never been to before?
3. Where is one place you've never been to before but would love to go?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?
5. Where's your favourite place to read?
6. What's you favourite movie?
7. What's your favouirte TV show?
8. What's your favourite song?
9. If you could travel back to any time period, when would it be?
10. What's the one item you never leave the house without?
11. Tea or coffee?